For the Streusel Topping:
1 Cup all purpose flour
1 stick unsalted butter, chilled and cut into 1" pieces
1/4 Cup light brown sugar
1/4 Cup sugar
Pinch of salt
Dash of cinnamon
Mix together the flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or fork until clumps form. Cover and refrigerate while you prepare the batter.
For the Cake:
2 Cups all purpose flour
1 Teaspoon salt
1 Teaspoon baking powder
1 Teaspoon baking soda
1 Stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 Cup sugar
3-4 Tablespoons lemon zest (about 5-6 lemons)
1 Teaspoon vanilla
1 Teaspoon lemon juice
1 Cup sour cream
To assemble the cake, spoon half the streusel into the bundt pan, pour half the batter over it, spoon in the remaining streusel and finish with the remaining batter. Bake for 50 - 55 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool thoroughly before turning it out of the pan and dust the top with powdered sugar. Makes approximately 10 servings.
Want to join us and be part of Bundt-a-Month?
- Use mandarin, orange, citrus lime, yuzu, lemons, key lime or anything citrus to bake us a bundt for Tangy January and post it before January 31, 2013
- Use the #BundtAMonth hashtag in your title
- Add your entry to the linky tool below
- Link back to our announcement posts
- Follow Bundt-a-Month on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/BundtaMonth where we feature all our gorgeous bundt cakes. Or head over to - our Pinterest board at https://pinterest.com/bakerstreet/bundtamonth/ for inspiration and choose from over 350 bundt cake recipes.
- Link to BundtaMonth on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/BundtaMonth
- Link to BundtaMonth on Pinterest at https://pinterest.com/bakerstreet/bundtamonth/
Please visit the other participating bloggers to see their amazing citrus bundt creations:
Almond Clementine Bundt Cake by Carrie from Poet In The Pantry Citrus Bundt Cake with Sparkling Wine and Fiori di Sicilia by Laura from The Spiced Life Citrus Cocktail Mini Bundt Cakes by Renee from Magnolia Days Citrus Lust Mini Bundt Cakes with Lemon Curd by Stacy from Food Lust People Love Dried Tomato Cherry & Yuzu Cake by Ann from Anncoo Journal Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake by Alice from Hip Foodie Mom Grapefruit Poppyseed Bundt Cake by Deb from Knitstamatic Grapefruit Yogurt Bundt Cake by Kate from Food Babbles Lemon Bundt with Lemon Curd by Holly from A Baker’s House Mini Orange Bundts with a Grand Marnier Glaze by Tara from Noshing With The Nolands Orange Chocolate Marble Bundt by Paula from Vintage Kitchen Orange Olive Oil Cake by Katerina from Diethood Orange Strawberry Swirl Cream Cheese Bundt Cake by Anuradha from Baker Street Soaked and Glazed Lemon Cake by Dorothy from Shockingly Delicious Zesty Lemon Bundt Cake by Anita from Hungry Couple NYC