Friday, December 28, 2012

Skinny Cocoa Martini

Skinny Cocoa Martini

It seems everywhere I look these days I see ideas for sweet, delicious looking cocktails. OK, maybe I pay a little more attention than some... :) And, sure, I've indulged. But chocolate syrup and egg nog and cream liqueurs all seem to be attaching themselves to one of my hips. The other hip is doing battle with the holiday cookies! And the thing is...I'm not quite ready to give up on the cocktails just yet. There's New Year's Eve and Valentine's Day and I've-Had-a-Hard-Week Day and Friday and...I'm going to need a cocktail.

Skinny Cocoa Martini
Sweet'N Low to the rescue. But I need to sub out not just the sugar but also all the chocolate flavored liqueurs. So I substituted the chocolate liqueurs with...chocolate. Actually, unsweetened cocoa powder to be exact. It's the stuff we all use to make our chocolaty desserts taste chocolaty so why not our cocktails. Sweeten it up with some Sweet'N Low instead of sugar, low fat milk instead of cream and I have a chocolate cocktail (or two) that I can actually drink. Now I just have to go do battle with those cookies. Cheers!

Per Serving:
1 1/2 oz. Vanilla vodka
1 Teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Packet Sweet'N Low
3 oz. Low fat Milk
1 Tablespoon fat free whipped topping

Skinny Cocoa Martini
Combine the cocoa powder, milk and Sweet'N Low in a cup and microwave for 10 seconds. Pour into a cocktail shaker along with the vanilla vodka and fill with ice. Shake well and pour into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a tablespoon of the fat free whipped topping, if desired.







As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker program, I was financially compensated and provided with samples of Sweet'N Low and coupons.  The recipe, photographs and opinions are my own.

14 comments:

  1. First off I LOVE that glass! Second of all, I would like 2 of these ready for me when I arrive ::gets up an runs...::

    DELISH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm always battling with food attaching to my bum. I suppose I should exercise more, but that just doesn't sound like fun. This cocktail sounds amazing; love the glass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'tis the time of year for sweets, even in drink form! I love that you've made something that won't stick to our hips after New Year's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! Chocolate and liquor together? I'll take one please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous drink for sure that won't stick to your hips:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about the holiday fare attaching to your hips! We've been pretty good in-between the parties, but it takes days to take off the weight from just one day of fun. If you ask me, it's worth it. I love trying everyone's dishes! This drink looks fabulous, and it's skinny too, so that means I can have a second!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great drink and really digging that glass. Hope you had an amazing holiday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM can I get a virgin cocoa martini please? This is almost too pretty to drink!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could've used 2 or 3 of these after my Friday meltdown! Looks good, and it's WW-friendly (well, sort of!), so I could have one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea! It's downright frightening to see the calorie content of a typical cocktail. This looks just right for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks delicious Anita! Thanks for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!