Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Welcome Summer! Memorial Day Weekend 2012

Welcome Summer!  Memorial Day Weekend 2012
Friday afternoon after a full day of stocking up at Costco, mowing the grass, cleaning and dragging out the patio furniture.  Aahhh...

Welcome Summer!  Memorial Day Weekend 2012
My favorite place in the garden!

Welcome Summer!  Memorial Day Weekend 2012
Greeting the horsie that lives next door.

Welcome Summer!  Memorial Day Weekend 2012
Hadley, the furry sous chef, is very excited about running free and chasing her ball on the grass.

Welcome Summer!  Memorial Day Weekend 2012
Strolling over to the lake down the road and admiring the homes there.

Welcome Summer!  Memorial Day Weekend 2012

Welcome Summer!  Memorial Day Weekend 2012
Cooling her feet on a hot day while checking out the swimming bass and trout in the lake.

Welcome Summer!  Memorial Day Weekend 2012
Testing our peach daiquiri recipe on Sunday afternoon before Monday's holiday BBQ.  Gotta make sure it's good...!

Welcome Summer!  Memorial Day Weekend 2012
Having perfected the recipe, we serve the daiquiris with snacks before the Memorial Day dinner.

Welcome Summer!  Memorial Day Weekend 2012
Grilled steaks, garlic potatoes and grilled Long Island sweet corn make everybody happy.

Welcome Summer!  Memorial Day Weekend 2012
Ice cream for dessert makes everybody happy, too!
ow did you spend your Memorial Day weekend?

23 comments:

  1. You do live in a really picturesque place. Glad you took time between your errands to admire the surroundings. After all the errands the meal does look like it was well worth all the effort. Sometimes enjoyment is found in the simpler things and I can see that you are well aware of that. Good food, great weather and friends and family- the perfect afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!!

    And by beautiful I mean that steak! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Anita! it all looks so beautiful! Looks like you had a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like the perfect Memorial Day...the weather, the food and coctails, your sweet pup, your views!!! All just lovely~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great weekend, start to finish! Nothing better than a great long weekend to get you re-charged.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful Memorial Day!!! I'm jealoussss

    ReplyDelete
  7. peach daquiris...umm yum! looks like you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow ... Looks like you guys had as excellent time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such purty pictures, Anita. I want to sit with a beer at that table while petting the pup... then I'll take a medium rare steak please. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds and looks like an awesome party weekend my friend - fun stuff :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those smiling faces are a treasure in life, look at that grand pup and the atmosphere so serene, peaceful looks like a great life you are blessed with, that is quite a delicious meal prepared, you need to move the whole kit and caboodle to Florida so I can crash the party, I love this post thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anita, this place looks like a paradise. The huge smile on your puppy would corroborate this claim. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your post is the absolute definition of summer! Looks wonderful. I'm super jealous you have such a great place to spend the summer season!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My gosh does that sound like a heavenly day! You are so lucky to have such wonderful surroundings and I love your puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks so fabulous! I really hope this summer works out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Does your Cav like to swim? My first one absolutely loved it and would swim for hours if I let him. The second one hates it more than anything else. It's so strange. I love seeing pictures of Hadley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily! Hadley really didn't have any exposure to the water during her first year (other than baths). Then we took her to Cape Cod and she jumped in a lake she didn't realize was a foot deep and jumped out equally fast. :) This year she voluntarily put her feet in the lake and didn't seem bothered so she's growing accustomed. I would never just toss her in but I'm guessing she could swim because she's a spaniel.

      Delete
  17. I love this post. It's so cool to see where you live.

    We have a cavoodle who LOVES to swim every day of the year. It doesn't matter if it's the dead of winter like it is now, he'll sneak into the canal or under the pool fence and off he goes in the water. The droopy ears do end up getting stinky so it's vinegar in the ears every day. :)

    I'm off to get that peach daiquiri recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'll take a Stella & a peach daiquiri! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful area you live in! I love summer time so much and I love it when I can let my daughter run free in the grass and splash in a lake. Looks like you had a beautiful Memorial Day celebration. Oh, and those peach daquiris? YUM!! If I wasn't preggers I'd try my own concoction...sigh...maybe next summer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I had to work Memorial Day, but I would have preferred to spend it with you! Beautiful yard, delicious-looking food... perfect way to spend a holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, what a gorgeous spread you have! It's the definition of the word "idyllic." And I'm drooling over that ice cream photo.

    ReplyDelete
  22. A cute dog, a lake, grilled food, frozen drinks, AND ice cream?! You just described my perfect day! :-)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!