Friday, September 23, 2011

Creamy Pumpkin Martini

Creamy Pumpkin Martini

I'll pause a moment to mourn the official passing of summer on this, the first day of fall. In reality, we pretty much say goodbye to summer after Labor Day and the past week or so has brought some delightfully autumnal weather to New York. Summer may be my favorite season but fall comes a close second and the appearance of pumpkins in the market makes me happy.

Creamy Pumpkin Martini
I love pumpkins and squash and gourds. I love the way they look and I love cooking with them. Up until now, though, I've never tried drinking them. But there was just no way that I was going to let autumn arrive without creating a pumpkin martini to usher in the season in style.

Over the next few days and weeks there will be many recipes for delightful pumpkin things to eat but for now, let's drink a toast to fall. Cheers!

Per Serving
2 oz. Vanilla vodka
2 oz. Unsweetened pumpkin puree (canned is fine)
1 oz. Vanilla ice cream
1/2 oz. Bailey's Irish Cream or other cream liqueur
Sugar and cinnamon to rim the glass

Pour the vodka, pumpkin, ice cream and Bailey's into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously. Pour into a chilled cocktail glass that's been rimmed in a mixture of sugar and cinnamon and top with a small pinch of pumpkin pie spice, if desired.

Note that the drink will taste best if you put the full glasses in the freezer for about 20 minutes prior to serving.

2 comments:

  1. I love each and every one of your cocktail stories. I will have to admit, although I am a lover of pumpkin, I am a bit skeptical about this cocktail! :) Nonetheless, I HAVE to try this. Seriously, how can this drink be wrong with ice cream, vodka, and Bailey's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that you enjoy our cocktail stories! Hopefully you will like this one but, as you say, how bad could it be :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!